Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 May 2015

DREAM

Morning my crafting friends, hope today finds you all safe and well. Did you all have a good Bank Holiday? We had a lovely one, it was my hubbies school reunion, he has been going to these every year for about 30 years now and last year they did a lot of fundraising to get enough money together to have a plaque made for where the school was. It was a boarding school for ill children who could not go into mainstream school, my husband had epilepsy others had asthma and the likes, the group my husband was with have all stayed close and meet up every year if not more. The school ran from late 50s until 1981 when is closed. There are now these beautiful large houses (4-5 bedrooms) built on the site and one of the residents gracefully agreed to have the plaque positioned on the outside of their wall and she and the other residents put on a garden party for us all, it was a joy, the weather was beautiful and we had the Daughter-in-Law of an old headmaster open the plaque. The EDP newspaper was there too so it was quite an event. As usual we always make a day of it, drinks down the pub and a meal, lots of chatter and laughter with them reminiscing the old days. Some of the old teachers were there too. Of course because of the presentation of the plaque there were many there who had never turned up before, some who are now in their 60's. I will add a couple of pictures at the end of this post.

May I welcome my latest follower 'cardsarus', good to have you on board, please send us details of your blog if you have one so I can return the favour.

Now todays card I made especially for a new blog that is starting by our lovely Pamellia of http://mylittlecraftthings.blogspot.co.uk/, some of you may be familiar with her stunning creations, Pamellia has started a new blog that you can find HERE entitled 'Anything but Cute', its a mixed media blog that would love you to create Anything But Cute! If you are not into mixed media go and check out the rules and give it a go its not as hard as you think, the hardest part is your imagination!!!


I cut my base card to the size I wanted,this was using one of my favourite card the Leather Look Cream card. Using a piece of White card I embossed it with a Wood-grain mask then placing a Scraped paint stencil over that I inked through with Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I spread some modelling paste down the ink lines on the card to add some depth and interest and left this to dry naturally. 

Using more White card I inked up  the Dream word, Frame and the Bird and heat embossed with Aged Aqua Embossing Enamel and Black embossing powder then fussy cut them out. i love this embossing enamel as not only is it a lovely colour but it has specks of Gold in it too.

I got some Lace, inked it up with Vintage Photo and wrapped it round the bottom of the card. I placed the Dream frame on top of the Lace to the left of the card.

I die cut some Cherry Blossom out with various scraps of card and added a touch of glitter to the ends of the petals. I placed the branch behind the Lace under the Frame, added the flowers as seen then placed the bird as if it was perched on the branch.

There you have the finished card. Dimensions are 6"X4".

Items Used:

Printable Heaven Cream Leather card
Creative Expressions That Special Touch mask Wood-Grain
Creative Expressions Layered Scalloped Lace Cream
Memory Box Stencil Scraped Paint
7 Gypsies Papercrafter 5pc Cling Stamps
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Weathered Wood & Vintage Photo
Stampendous Embossing Enamel Aged Aqua
Papermania Embossing Powder Black
Spellbinders Cherry Blossom
Dovecraft Glitter Glue Crystal




Pupils & Plaque to mark
Eden School, Bacton, Norfolk







Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

16 comments:

  1. Good morning,I am new on your blog and have put you on my favourite list ! Loving your style of card making and the artistic talent put into it .Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, you fixed the link, thanks Jacquie! (did you get my email?). Anyway, was just absolutely thrilled to see your thumbnail on the blog, you know how my heart flutters when you pull out your texture paste!! This is really incredible! I just love your idea to run the texture paste down the woodgrain, it really add dimension to your background! The lace is such a wonderful soft contrast to the mixed media background! Gorgeous branch of flowers too! I can't say enough about your wonderful card!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for being our first ever entry! I really appreciate your support!

    Drumroll, as I say this for the very first time...ahem...

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Vintage Garden' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon Jacquie, well this card certainly has a lot of elements in it and time too. Love the texture you have achieved. Janice x
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and for a mixed media newbie, you rock. Running the texture paste down the wood grain lines makes them pop and does give more depth. Your little flowers are so sweet and I am a sucker for lace so that is a perfect vintage touch. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Oh! Wow! Jacquie, your card is amazing, love it.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so glad your link is fixed! Now I can see the actual card and boy am I glad to see it! Wonderful texture on that wood grain and awesome use of the embossing enamel and powder!

    Thanks for joining in our first challenge, "Vintage Garden" at Anything But Cute! Hugz! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Jacquie! You have achieved a fabulous texture using your woodgrain stencil and texture paste! I love your beautiful little flowers and amazing vintage lace!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our first challenge!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacquie, absolutely fabulous I love it.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This'll is a stunning creation. ? Loved your news about monday o, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Jacquie, such a brilliant textured background.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, it must be great fun to meet up each year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this delightful textured card and what a fab colour combo.... xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jacquie,
    Such a fab story about your OH school reunion and the placque is fab idea, a great way to make a lasting memory of what was a huge part of their lives!
    Your card today has such amazing Depth & dimension, cards don't always need to be pretty and girly, sometimes it does you good to release your "inner grunge" , you too could get fab results like Jacquie!
    I am off to get messy!
    Hugs
    Sandra xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fantastic background Jacquie. A stunning card as always. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning creation and such a lot of work to create the background but well worth it How lovely that your husband and his school friends meet up regularly I still see one if my school friends which is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! Gorgeous!!! Gorgeous!!!! Fantastic texture, amazing simple design and so very vintage looking! Everything we asked for in our very first challenge :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute Vintage Garden Challenge!
    Hugs :)
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jacquie...I'm in love with your stunning design. You made the woodgrain looks so realistic, how amazing is that! Beautiful mixed media card with pretty cherry blossoms. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge Jacquie and here's me your new follower :)

    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.