Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 September 2013

Books of Knowledge

Morning Crafters, I have one of my personal favorite cards for you today, its one I made for a dear friend Jess who left our workplace last Friday, each time I look at this card I will remember her with great fondness, she is a lovely gal who has gone to Uni to become an English Teacher and I wish her all the best, she will no doubt become one of the best English Teachers of the future.

Items Used:
  • Basic White 8" x 8" card
  • Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card- Pastels
  • White Card
  • Create and Craft Pearlescent card - Green
  • Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Green
  • Versa Color Ink - Royal Blue
  • Colour Box Inks - Tuscany
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Dried Marigold, Crushed Olive,Vintage Photo, Black Soot and Fired Brick
  • Pinflare Craft Glaze
  • Pinflare Silicone Glue
  • Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Damask
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Majestic Elements - Majestic Labels Twenty-Five
  • Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magic- Knowledge, The Quest and Enchanted Doorway
  • Staedtler Metallic Marker - Gold
I first matted & layered some  Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card- Pastels slightly Gold colour onto my base card, using the same card I die cut Spellbinders Nestabilities Majestic Elements - Majestic Labels Twenty-Five using the two largest dies, I put this aside. With some White card I rubbed Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold and Shaded Lilac over it and blended them together, I then run it through Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Damask twice to extend the pattern and matted this onto my card.

Using Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magic- Knowledge I stamped the books onto some White Card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks -  Black Soot and painted them in using inks from Colour Box Inks - Tuscany, Versa Color Ink - Royal Blue and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Fired Brick and Vintage Photo, I watered down most of these colours to add the different tones on the books, I watered down Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo for the pages of the books rather than leaving them white. With the stamps from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magic- Knowledge I stamped the words onto the binders of each book using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot, on a couple of books I added  Staedtler Metallic Marker - Gold to the binders. I cut this out and then glazed it with Pinflare Craft Glaze, I let it dry then glazed it a second time. Once dry I mounted these onto the Majestic Labels Twenty-Five with Pinflare Silicone Glue to raise them up and set aside to dry overnight.

I matted the Majestic Lables Twenty-Five die, with the books attached, onto the center of my card. Using more White card, Create and Craft Pearlescent card - Green and Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Green I stamped the leaves from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magic- The Quest and Enchanted Doorway using Tim Holtz Distress Inks -  Black Soot, I painted them with watered down Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo leaving some of the edges white to look a little realistic, once dry I cut these out and arranged them on the card around the focal point of the books. Needless to say how I wanted them placed meant I was covering up the largest outer die from the Majestic Labels Twenty-Five
so if I ever made something like this again I would leave that off the card. With the bigger leaves in the bottom right corner I bent them a little to give them some dimension and stuck them down with Pinflare Silicone Glue.

There you have the finished card. I was quite pleased with the finished result and Jess liked it too which I was pleased about, in fact at first she did not realize I had made the card!
Good Luck Jess.

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.