Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Follow Your Dreams


Morning crafters, was looking through my cards and wondering what one to show you today, I decided on this Butterfly one I made for one of my Best friends Birthdays.

Items Used:
  • 2 x A4 sheets of White card
  • Kandi core card - Green Damask
  • Marianne Designs Creatable - Butterfly
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot & Peacock Feathers
  • Spellbinders - Asian Motifs
  • Spellbinders - Asian Accents
  • Create and Craft Gems - Iridescent
  • Creative Expressions Un-Mounted Stamps - Treasured Memories
  • Habico Self Adhesive Flat-backed Pearls
  • Pinflare Silicone Glue
To start I scored a line down one edge of an A4 sheet of White card, landscape, about 1 1/2 inches in width and folded this over, I then got Marianne Designs Creatable - Butterfly and cut it out of the A4 White card three times, keeping the die cuts to one side, I attached this on top of  A4 Kandi core card - Green Damask keeping the folded edge free, this card is double sided so I used the darker tone, by attaching this to the inside front of the card it meant I had the edge of the Green card showing along the edge of my front White card and the Green showed through my Butterfly die cuts. I placed the other A4 sheet of White card underneath these and folded over the edge and attached it to the back of the second White card, this now gave me an A4 sized landscape card. I hope this makes sense? With the Butterflies that I had cut out I then mounted them back onto the die cut areas attaching them just down the bodies with Pinflare Silicone Glue, I added some  Create and Craft Gems - Iridescent down the center of the bodies and raised the wings up slightly to look like the Butterflies were flying.
Out of more White card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Un-Mounted Stamps - Treasured Memories using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot I then die cut the large square from Spellbinders - Asian Motifs and inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers. I die cut the boarder from Spellbinders - Asian Accents and attached this to lie on the Green edge of the card just slightly covering the edge of the White card. I placed the large squared sentiment as a diamond in the bottom right of the card below the Butterflies and attached a Habico Self Adhesive Flat-backed Pearl at the top. I attached three more pearls in the top left corner to balance out the card, and there it was finished.
I hope you like it,

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.