Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Snowy Wellies

Hello all, for today's card I decided to do something different rather than just stamping and coloring in. I think it worked well, what do you think?

Items used :
  • Ready made Gold Star embossed card, I think this came form a Christmas kit I bought from Crafters Companion a couple of years ago.
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies - Label 20
  • White card
  • Gold card
  • Sheena Douglas Little Bit Festive A6 Stamps - Snowy Wellies
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dried Marigold
  • Creative Expressions American Binding Ribbon - Red
  • Kaisercraft Sparklets -Coral
  • Studio G Clear Stamps Vs4911 Series 11
  • IndigoBlu Gilding Flakes - Morris Dance
  • Watercolour Paint - Burnt Amber
I first stamped my image onto White card using  Sheena Douglas Little Bit Festive A6 Stamps - Snowy Wellies, I inked the stamp up with Watercolor Paint - Burnt Amber rather than an ink pad then using very little water and a small paint brush blended the outline of the painted stamp to fill in the rest of the image trying to bring some tone into the image as I went. Obviously for a darker tone you use less water, I did not use water colour card for this just some normal cheap White card I had in my stash, I think it worked quite well. I then put the image aside to dry. Once dry I cut the image out using the largest die from Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies - Label 20, I inked through the die using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dried Marigold just around the edge. I wanted a background for this in Gold card so I cut another one out of the large Labels 20, cut it in half horizontally and placed each half under the main focal image so it just showed top and bottom, I stuck these down in place on the front of my base card. I wanted to add some colour so I made a messy bow out of Creative Expressions American Binding Ribbon - Red and added a Kaisercraft Sparklet - Coral.

For the sentiment I had a sheet of Christmas  sentiment stickers from the Christmas Kit I had so I put that in the top right corner.

I felt the side of the card looked bare so using one of the stamps from Studio G Clear Stamps Vs4911 Series 11 I stamped using my versamark ink pad and covered it in IndigoBlu Gilding Flakes - Morris Dance, I did not get them quite central but I was happy I got them both in the same place on either side! There was my finished card.

The dimensions are 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.