Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 7 October 2013

Cherry Blossom

Morning crafters, Thought I would try out one of Sheena Douglass techniques, though it did not turn out as well as I had hoped it was not too bad so I turned it into a card anyway.

I started with my usual 8 x 8 Base White Scalloped card, with some Crafters Companion centura White card-Silver I ran it through Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder - Sakura, trimmed to size and attached it to my base card.

With a piece of Crafters Companion Heat Resistant Acetate I stamped Sheena Douglass Little Bit Orient Stamps- Sakura using my Versamark Ink Pad, I covered it with Heat it Up Embossing powder-Black Sparkle, turning the acetate over I scribbled on the back with Letraset Pro markers-Pink Lobster, Tequila Sunrise, Island Lagoon and Amethyst, with some Creative Expression Solvent Blending Solution on a pan scourer I dabbed this over the ink so they blended into one another, this is where it did not work too well as though I had used the brightest, boldest colours they faded quite quickly, so next time I shall try with Spectrum Noir pens. I heated it a little just to dry it off then attached this to some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card-Pastels (Gold) using Some flower brads from Papermania, I then matted this onto some more of Centura card-Pastel but this time in a shade of Pink.

With another piece of pastel card I embossed using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-lites -Petite Lables One and cut round the very edge, with some more Centura Pearl card I stamped my sentiment from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Orient-Sakura using Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Black Soot, I die cut using the same die from Petite Lables One and matted & layered these together, I then attached them to the front  of the card as seen with some foam pads.

There you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.