Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 October 2013

Enchanted Doorway

 Morning crafters my half term holidays start here!

Todays card is from another set of Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical 'Enchanted Doorway'. I love the tree doorway on this as you have probably noticed lol! The bricks and piles of leaves stamp are from the same set.

I started with my base 8 x 8 White card and matted it up with some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card-Pastels. 

Using the reverse of some C.C Centura Pearl card Gold I inked up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Crushed Olive, Vintage Photo and Fired Brick, I then stamped the enchanted doorway with Vintage Photo and coloured in using Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive as water colour paints, I also used a little of Color-box Hunters Green Ink on some of the leaves. Using a wet paint brush I brushed over certain areas to try and make it look like the lamp was shining, I dabbed the water up with kitchen towel. I painted in a pathway and some of the bricks in the background the same way. I used the leaves stamp to stamp piles of leaves either side of the tree and coloured in with T.H.Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive.

Using more of the reverse of some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card Gold I stamped the Lady from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical Honesty stamp set, I then coloured her in using Crafters Companions Spectrum Noir pens; Brights-BT8, BT6, RG5 and LIghts-CR4, TN4, TN3, GB4, I did use Brights-BT6 to colour in the folds of her dress at the front and then added some Decor Art Glamour Dust to add sparkle but the colour did not show through as I hoped it would so the front of her dress just looks like sparkly fur! A mistake I won't do again...hopefully! I cut the Lady out and attached her with Pinflare Silicone Glue to the left side of the card as if walking towards the door.

I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expression Unmounted stamps-Classic Sentiments using T.H. Vintage Photo under the bottom of the tree.
My son then informed me he thought it needed a frame rather than just mounting it onto my card so I die cut some boarders from Spellbinders Venetian Accents using the Red card from Crelando Coloured card pad from Lidls, we did go through all the colours but decided on the Red to match the Fired Brick ink on the card. I placed these around the edge of the image, then mounted the image onto my card and there is the finished card.

Thank you for looking, I do look forward to reading your comments, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.