Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 21 October 2013

Hark the Hearald Angels Sing

Morning Crafters. Last week at work before half term, where has this year gone?!!

Now I have done something a little different, as what I started out to do I did not end up with! Story of my life that is lol!

I decided I wanted to stamp and gild the Angel image onto Black card using Creative Expression Single Christmas-Herald Angel along with the music Inkylicious Clear Stamp-Music Melody and song title Creative Expression Single Christmas-Herald Angel, but on doing so I went too close to the edge of the card to die cut it out as I intended, because of this no die would fit around it, silly mistake so it had to stay Rectangle! Then after gilding with Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes-Summer Meadow it looked lovely but I had to go and try something else!

I wanted to see what it would look like with Micro beads over the whole lot. So I covered the gilded image with a piece of Crafty nations double-sided Adhesive Sheet and covered it in Creative Expression Micro Beads. Now I am not sure it looks as good as it did just gilded but it was too late. I matted this onto a piece of Gold card and trimmed it up.

Now this did not look good on White card so I matted it onto Black card on top of two Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lattice Swirls that I had heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder-Gold. This added some interest around the focal image but did not distract from it too much.

After this I felt something was needed in the bottom left corner as it looked bare so I decided to make a Poinsettia flower out of Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia using the three smallest dies and gilded the flower with more of the Cosmic Shimmer Summer Meadow Gilding Flakes, a Self Adhesive Black Pearl placed in the center of the flower finished the card off.

Although it did not end out as intended I am pleased with the finished look.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.