Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2013

Seasons Greetings

Morning crafters, I must first apologize to Lydia Jordan as I forgot to WELCOME  her as one of my followers, my apologies Lydia and welcome to my blog. I do read and appreciate everyone's comments and try to find time to comment on every ones blog each day, sometimes I don't know where the time goes lol! So THANK YOU  my crafting friends for taking the time to look as well as comment.

An Easel card for you today, I must admit I always like easel cards but don't make enough of them.

For todays card I started with some Creative Expression Foundation card-Burgundy and folded it in half, then folded one half in half again, I placed another piece of Burgundy card on top of the folded piece to form the easel card.

Using some White card I ran this through the Couture creations Embossing Folder-Damask, trimmed it to size and rounded the corners, I attached this onto the burgundy card. With more of the Burgundy card I die cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Ovals and matted this onto my card.

With some White card I stamped my Sleigh from Do Crafts Papermania Clear Stamps-Sleigh with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Black Soot and coloured it in using Letraset Promarkers; Forest Green, Apple, Rose Pink, Pastel Blue, Summer Sun, Amethyst, Vanilla, Indigo Blue, Letraset Flex Marker Berry Red and Staedtler Metallic Marker Gold. I die cut this with Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Ovals and whilst still in the die I inked round the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Fired Brick, on the body of the Sleigh I used a Glue Pen onto the stars and sprinkled Deco Art Glamour Dust over to give a little sparkle, I then matted this onto the Burgundy oval. From Trimcraft.co.uk-Santas Workshop buttons(these were actually purchased from The Range who stock these products) I placed four buttons onto each corner of the White card.

Now for the base stopper I cut a strip of Burgundy card and matted this with a piece of White embossed card left over from the background on the front of the card.  Using Spellbinder Radiant Rectangles I embossed some Burgundy card and cut around the edge then onto White card I stamped my sentiment with Creative Expressions Un-mounted stamps-Silhouette Poinsettia and die cut  using the same small cutting oval from the set, I inked this with Fired Brick whist still in the die, then matted it onto the Burgundy oval for my sentiment, I attached it in the center of the strip with Foam Pads as seen.

There is the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.