Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 4 October 2013

Spray of Poppies

 Hello Crafters, Thought I would give you a rest today from Christmas cards lol! This is one I experimented with Sue Wilson's idea of micro beading over stamping and gilding flakes, I must admit I do like the effect you are left with, a frosted look.

I decided to try with some Creative Expression Foundation Card - Grey rather than the usual White to start with, I had a lovely Poppy stamp that was a free gift with a magazine - Cardmaking & Papercraft 'The Diary of an Edwardian Lady' that I had had for a while but not used so I stamped this onto the Grey card using IndigoBlu - Flitterglue and added some Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes - Persian Dawn, I then coloured in the Poppies with Letraset Flexi Marker - Berry Red.

I stamped over this with JustRite Lace Oval Frame Background Stamp and heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder - Seafoam White. I then placed a piece of Double Sided Adhesive over the top and die cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Ovals, I removed the cover from the adhesive and coated it in Creative Expressions Micro Beads.

 With some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl - Silver card I embossed it using Sue Wilson Embossing Folder - Secret Garden, I rounded the corners and attached this to my base Grey card. With more Grey card I stamped using JustRite Background Stamp - Dotted Fronds with my Versamark Ink Pad and heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder - Seafoam White, I rounded the corners of this and matted it onto my card.

I attached the oval frame in the center as my focal point and attached a Red Bow (Own Stash) underneath.

Onto a piece of White card I stamped my sentiment from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical - Knowledge' stamp set in Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot, I chose this from this particular set as it was the only small stamp I had to fit in the die cut lol! Along with another piece of Grey card I die cut both with Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two, I arranged the sentiment so it was on the White embossed card underneath the Bow.

To finish the card off I added some Habico Self Adhesive Flat-backed Pearls in each corner on the White embossed card, and there you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.