Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 October 2013

With Sympathy

 Morning Crafters, a more somber card for you today, don't see many sympathy cards around though I am sure we all make them from time to time, unfortunately these things happen. This was a card I made earlier in the year for my Uncle when my Aunt died, it was a simple, quick card to make and I have done another using the same window but a lot simpler, I may show an image of it at the end.

I took my base card 8 x 8 White and matted it up with more White card, though this does not show in the images. 

Out of Creative Expressions Foundation Card-Lilac I die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Ovals then ran it through Sue Wilson's Embossing Folder Garden Lattice, I attached this to the center of my card towards the top.

On top of this I attached the Window Three from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-Lites, on some White card I stamped my sentiment from JustRite Large Fancy Sentiments in Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Shaded Lilac and die cut with Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-Lites - Petite Labels One, whilst still in the die I inked it again with  Shaded Lilac.

Using some more Lilac card I die cut two boarders from Spellbinders Venetian Accents, in the middle of these die cuts was left a piece of card that I thought made a pretty boarder in itself so this is what I have attached to the bottom of my card rather than the boarders themselves.

To take the bareness from the top two corners I die cut two Spellbinder Shapeabilities Die Lites - Fantastic Flourishes Two and glued in place.

On the Oval and the boarder trim I attached several Habico Self Adhesive Flat Backed Pearls to finish the card off.

Now here is the image of the other Sympathy card I made:





Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.