Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 8 November 2013

Golden Geisha Girl

Morning crafters, another Oriental card for you today.

I started with a sheet of A4 Black card from The Range and folded it in half to make a 5x7 Landscape card.

On some White card I stamped Justrite Dotted Fronds Background Stamp with my Versamark stamp Pad then heat embossed it with Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White, I inked all over with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Fired Brick then rubbed off the excess from the White embossed area with some kitchen paper. I cut this into 2 inch strips and matted them onto some Red card from Lidls, I placed these onto the card separating them as equally as I could and wrapped a strip of Black Satin Ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons down the center of the middle card before sticking it in place.
With more Black card I die cut the Geisha Girl from Tattered Lace Oriental Collection and was going to place her on the card just Black but felt she did not show up enough so I matted her onto some Create and Craft Gold card then cut round her, I added some Creative Expressions Gilding Wax-Deep Red onto her fan and parts of her dress then over Gilded it with Cast Bronze to bring it out more, I attached her to the card with Pinflare Silicone Glue.
On the Black Ribbon I added some Chinese Metal Coins from my own stash to take the bareness away.

With some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Gold card I die cut the Fan from Tattered Lace Oriental Collection, I also die cut the fan with some of Create and Craft Gold card as they were different tones so could not decide which to use, in the end I went for Create and Craft Gold card as it was the darker of the two but cut sections out of the other and glued these on top of every other section on the fan to give the two tone look but it does not show up on the pictures and a couple of sections have moved since leaving it to dry so it does not look as good as when I first put it together. I folded the fan up in the section and attached to my card again with Pinflare Silicone Glue as seen.

 
Using more of the darker Gold card I stamped my sentiment from a free stamp set with a Magazine using Tim Holtz Black Soot and die cut it with the smallest die from Spellbinders Imperial Gold-Gold Ivy. I felt this matched the shape of one of the coins so it would not look out of place.

There you have the finished card. 

Must get back to doing some Christmas cards otherwise I wont have enough lol!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.