Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 4 November 2013

You Mean the World to Me

Morning Crafters, I would like to wish my Daughter Toyah a very Happy Birthday today so I am showing the card I made for her, actually I made it earlier in the year before my operation! Now I am sure you would have noticed that this is a Sue Wilson design and I loved it so much I decided to copy it for my daughter. So sincere apologies for it not being one of my own today.

I first chose my card mainly because these are my Daughters and mine two favorite colours together and I had this card in my stash, I think it was part of a Japanese set possibly from Hunkydory but cannot be sure as I have had it a while. I cut three ovals from two sheets and placed these under three of the ovals from Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Decorative Ovals that I had die cut from White card, attaching them to the edge of each in the center as seen.

I stamped my sentiment onto White card, sorry cannot remember where I got this from at time of posting, then using Spellbinders Asian Accents I cut the circle and inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, I covered this with Double Sided Adhesive and coated it with Creative Expressions Micro Beads, I then attached this to my card near the center edge.

I made a bow out of Creative Expression Aqua Crushed Ribbon (I love the colour of this)and glued it in place where the three ovals meet, on top I placed a Creative Expressions Large Fancy Pearl Embellishment.

Now using Sue Wilsons blog I made a stand for the back of the card so it would stand up, though I must admit it no longer stands up I think the Pearl embellishment is far too heavy for it lol! You can find instructions for the stand on Sue's Blog http://particraft.blogspot.co.uk

I placed my message onto the back of the card and there you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.