Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Life is not measured...

Morning crafters, hope this finds you all well and safe. We have had some heavy rain and winds here of late but thankfully no sign of any snow yet!

Thank you for all the lovely comments over the past week for my cards it is much appreciated, I have tried to get round to everyone though not always managed it this week so I do apologize.
Shirley I am honored that you think my cards are good enough to copy so thank you and please carry on! Do you not have a blog that we can view?

I have been very naughty and ordered Sheena's new embossing folders, quite an expense but they are so gorgeous, although there were only 2 A4 and 4  5x7 that I wanted it worked out cheaper to buy the lot on offer than to get them individually so I have them on flexipay which puts my craft spending on hold for a while lol! I have taped her shows so I have quite a few to watch. No doubt you will get to see some of them in the future lol! Folders I mean not Sheena's shows lol!

For todays post I have matted and layered up a base card with some yellow card from Lidls followed by a sheet from Teresa Collins paper Pad.

I typed the sentiment and die cut it with S.P. Splendid Circles and inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet, then embossed with the same die using Create and Craft Pink Pearlescent card. I matted the die cut on top of the embossed card so the Pink came through the White.

Using SP Die-lites make a Rose I die cut all the pieces out of Crafters Companion Centura card, now I say pieces as the die is actually 1 die but shaped as 4 different size petals so you die cut the 4 petals at once but you need 12 of the larger size and 5 of each of the next sizes, so it meant putting the die through the machine 24 times in order to cut and emboss them to get the 12 larger petals, this was just for 1 flower so I don't think I shall be making many of these and I cannot say I am that happy with the flower as I could not get it the way I wanted it but that was me not the dies, I then inked the edges with Victorian Velvet, glued it all together and attached it to the bottom left corner of the card. I cut the leaves out of Green card and placed them under the flower as seen.
 
I added some Pink gems in each of the other corners and there you have the finished card.

I have the SP Lily die, as seen on Wednesdays card, also the Iris which I have not made up yet but looks very simple to do as was the Lily, unlike the Rose!



The dimensions are 6 x 6"

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.