Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 10 February 2014

The Pheonix

Morning crafters, hope this finds you all well. It has been a lovely weekend weather wise but I will be glad when all the rain stops, we have been lucky here, no where as bad as down South West, I do feel for them.

Well I planned to have a good play day Saturday being as I had the house to myself but things never go as they are planned do they? By the time I had been the stables (to collect hay & straw for my Rabbits), sorted the mud dip in the front drive, getting so bad my son was having trouble getting up the drive so I dug it a little then put some shingle on top, hopefully that will help, answered everyone's posts on the blog, then started to tidy up the house a bit, had to clear some damp patches in my Sons bedroom, he is allergic to mold, fungus and dust (like my Mom) and it has started to affect him badly so out comes the bleach today, so by the time I did all that it was getting on for 4 pm so not much play time at all!! Sunday was cleaning our rabbits and cooking, I did have time for a little play but I am counting down the days till next week, half term so a week off work and I plan to PLAY!

Anyhow, todays card is one I did on Friday, Sweet Poppy Stencils bought out The Phoenix which is gorgeous, I have not seen it anywhere else so yes I had to buy it! I tried various combinations of  media to colour the stencil and found the best result was with Tim Holtz Distress Inks! I used Squeezed Lemonade, Fired Brick and Dried Marigold then heat embossed with Heat it Up! Clear Embossing Powder.

I cut round the image with SB Grand Decorative Ovals using the second largest die and inked round the die with TH Dried Marigold.

Now the base card was a sheet of Orange card from the Lidls card, on top of that is Creative Expressions Foundation Card Burgundy followed by Black Velvet Self Adhesive Paper, which was very old stash, I embossed this with Embossilicious Folder Regency Swirls, unfortunately the photos do not show this up. I wrapped a piece of Orange ribbon around the base of the Black Velvet before attaching it to the base card. I attached the image to the card and stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps- Classic Sentiments with TH Black Soot then die cut with SB Fancy Framed Tags Two, inked through the die with TH Dried Marigold and attached this onto the card on top of the ribbon.

There you have the finished card, this did take me around 3-4 hours to do but that was also playing with various mediums through the stencil to see which looked best. I do plan on having a go with Gilding Flakes when I get some more glue!

The card dimensions are 17 X 24 cm.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.