Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 February 2014

With Sympathy

Morning crafters hope this finds you all safe and well.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and get well messages I am still feeling lousy, worse than ever really so if I don't answer posts  for a while you know why. Just cannot seem to shift this cold at all.



Now for today's card I wanted to have a go at Sheena Douglass Ancient Arches Embossing Folder so I put it through the E-Bosser using the back of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card then inked it all over with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen before rubbing over the embossed bit with T.H. Vintage Photo, I then started painting in some of the Vintage Photo ink in certain areas. To bring the embossing out I rubbed over some Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Wax-Cast Bronze and inked around the edge again with Vintage Photo. I was happy with this so left it there.
 
I tried various different colour card to mount it onto and decided it looked best on Kanban Kandi Core Taupe/Cream followed by Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card-Pastel.  I now think I should have mounted the image itself onto more CC pastel card before layering it onto the Cream card but I was going to cut it round the image then at a last thought decided to keep it big to show the pattern on the card, too late now! 

It was only after I had finished matting & layering that I decided to have it as a Sympathy card so I stamped the sentiment from Justrite Large Fancy Sentiments with Vintage Photo onto a piece of the Cream card and cut it in the shape of ribbon tails, mounted it onto some CC Centura Pearl Pastel card and cut those ends into ribbon tails, I attached this to the card diagonally at the bottom of the image. To finish the card I added some Habico Self Adhesive Pearls in the top & bottom right hand corners, there you have the finished card.

Dimensions are 8 X 8.


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.