Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day


Morning my crafting friends and a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you if you're a Mom.

I made this card yesterday for my Mother -in-Law, late I know but I got there, had no idea what to do so just played and seen what went together, I had the embossed oval frame from Justrite Lace Oval Frame Background Stamp already done so I went from there and matched things up. I decided to put it onto White card so I embossed that with Couture Creations Embossing Folder Walrus & Carpenter, this was extended, inked the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass then made a band out of Tattered Lace paper from their magazine. I attached this over the White card covering the join and matted it onto the base card which was a sheet of Creative Expressions Foundation Card-Blue.

I attached the oval frame that had been stamped with Versamark Pad and heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White in the center of my card.  In my stash I found some Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-lites Floral Corner One that I had cut out of White card so I placed these in opposite corners on the card and in the center of each flower I added a Hobby House Embellishment Ocean Aurora.
The card was finally coming together but I needed the sentiment in the center of the oval, I could have written it but decided to print one on the PC using more CE Blue card and again stamped over this with the Justrite Oval stamp as before then cut out the oval in the center. As you can see I didn't quite get my sentiment in the middle! I felt this looked a bit plain as it was so I put it through my E Bosser embossing it with Clarity Tangle Stencil, I actually think this makes it look more like an Easter Egg now Lol!!! I glued this on top of the previous Oval then added a Green bow, this ribbon were the ties you sometimes get in tops to hang them up on, I cut them out and use the ribbon! In the middle of this I added another Hobby House gem and my card was complete. The Photograph does not do it justice as you cannot see the embossing, it is all slightly darker, I took it in front of a lamp hence why it is so light!

Thank you for looking, I hope you all have a great day, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.