Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 14 March 2014

Hubby's Birthday!



Morning crafters, hope this finds you all safe and well, what a glorious week it has been weather wise, hopefully we shall see a lot more.

Now today is my husbands 49th Birthday and this is the card I eventually made for him, I say eventually as this is the third one! The first one I did not like, the second, after completing it I thought would be nice for his 50th next year(!!!) so I finally did this one for him lol! The other two were of Motorbikes as he is a biker so I settled on the car lol I shall show his card for next year at the end of this post, he does not look at my blog so he wont see it! 
Anyhow, I wanted something quick and simple after two attempts already so decide on an easel card, I folded the Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card in half, then the top in half again for the easel and matted some Black card onto the base and the front bit. Then matted and layered some backing paper from Debbie Moore's CD Rom Cards for Men Vintage Transport 4. From the same Cd Rom I printed the Vintage Car, Glasses & Gloves, matted them onto Black card then attached the car to the front of the easel and the Glasses onto the base to form a stopper.

On the PC I typed up my sentiment, die cut with SB Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olives and matted this onto a piece of Black card that had also been die cut with the same die. I attached this to the base of the card, next to the Glasses to help form the stopper. 

As you will see from the main image I also made the envelope from the CD to match.

Folded flat the dimensions are 5" X 7".  There you have the finished card.

I know it quite similar to the card I did for my brother at the beginning of the week so my apologies for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.