Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 7 April 2014

Butterfly & Roses

Morning  crafters, hope this finds you all safe and well and that you all had a good weekend? I managed to find time to make one card, yes just one and that's todays post lol! I just don't know where the time goes lately, I have intentions of spending a whole afternoon crafting then find I only manage a couple of hours if I'm lucky, yet nothing seems to get done! Is your day like that?

I wish to give a very warm welcome to my newest follower John Lockwood, I am honored to have John as a follower his cards are amazing, for those of you who have not visited Johns website you are missing out, its http://johnnextdoor.blogspot.co.uk/  do go and take a look you wont be disappointed. Thank you John for joining me and feel free to nick any ideas, we crafters like to share.

Well, after Saturdays post when I did the tail of roses from the bow, I thought it looked like a butterfly so that is what I have done on todays card.

 

My base card is Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Pastel card in Purple folded in half to make a basic 7X5 card, I cut a piece of CC Centura Pearl White card to size then embossed it with the Regency Swirls Embossing Folder again. I matted this onto my base card.

With a piece of the CC Centura Purple card I embossed the Tattered Lace Butterfly die and hand cut this out then die cut with the same TL Butterfly die but with White Centura card, I glued the center of the White butterfly onto the body of the Purple butterfly so the wings were loose. I attached this to my card then added the Papermania Satin Buds onto the body and down as a trail.

Onto some more CC Centura Purple card I stamped Phil Martin Butterfly Dance Background Stamp with my Versamark Ink Pad and heat embossed with Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder Tropical Pearl Lustre then die cut with SB Labels Eighteen.

I looked for a verse to do with Butterflies off the net, found an appropriate one and printed that out, I die cut again with SB Lables Eighteen and inked round the edge with Promarker Lilac, I did have the author printed at the bottom of the verse but the die cut it off! It was by Heinrich Heine, 'New Spring'. I attached this onto the the Butterfly background Stamped card and attached it to the top right corner of the card. I added a Purple Gem in each corner and there you have the finished card.
I am not sure whether I should have put another one or two layers on the card, perhaps it would have looked better with another layer of White & Purple before the embossed card? I never do seem to put enough layers on my cards, I only think about them when I have finished then its too late lol! Anyhow, do let me know what you think.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.