Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 April 2014

On Your Christening

Morning my crafting friends, hope you are all well, thank you for your visit today I do appreciate it, its always nice to read your comments for my post and I love to view and comment on your posts too, so if you are new please do leave a link to your blog so I am able to return the favour.

Now today's card is the second of the two Christening cards I made for one of my work colleagues, her two Grandsons, George and Alfie get christened on Sunday and she wanted similar cards with the same verse, you can view the first card on Saturdays post, I have added a little image of the update of it at the bottom of this post now it has been personalized.

I have made the card in exactly the same way, two A5 cards joined together by the backs of the card, again I have used Creative Expressions Foundation card for the base card, Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Paper for the front that has been embossed with Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder Indian Lattice. I matted and layered first some more CE Blue card followed by four squares of Hunkydory Blue Checked card. I printed off the internet a couple of images of a tractor and some boats, apparently these are George's (aged 2)favourites and die cut them out with SB Gold Labels Four, I embossed with the same die using CE Blue card, cut it out and used it as the backing layer for the images both on the front and inside. Using the same dies again I die cut more Blue card and die cut the computer printed sentiment on White card and inked round with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass. Both the Tractor and sentiment I attached to the front of the card on top of the checked squares as seen.

I bought some Papermania Mini Bunting that comes in different colours, attached the Blue bunting to some Blue twine then added the letters which had been die cut from Tattered Lace Alphabet die with White card, then hung them on the card as seen.

On the inside fold of the card I matted up more of the embossed CC Centura Paper with more of the Hunkydory Checked card, I attached the Boats image in the center then added on two of the corners from the corner die from Sue Wilson Spanish Collection Boarder, Corner & Tags that had been die cut with CC Centura Pearl White card.


On the inside I attached the embossed image from Sheena Douglass Ancient Arches Embossing Folder and on the inside right added the chosen verse that I edged with some Papermania Blue ribbon.

This then completed the card.

As you can see by the image of the first card I just added the name Archie again using bunting on the corner with the computer printed sentiment on the bottom, die cut with SB Twisted Metal & Tags on White card with Blue card underneath to act as a shadow. This too was inked with TH Tumbled Glass. 

To finish both cards I added some Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Pearls onto the Lattice work on the first card and Hobby House Pearls on this card.

Not the 'normal' Christening cards but I hope she likes them.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.