Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 May 2014

Blue Tits

Morning my crafting friends, hope this fine day finds you all safe and well? What beautiful weather we have had the last few days, I do hope it lasts a while.

I have one week left till half term, even though it's been a very short term I think we are all ready for this break, I know I feel so tired all the time so I am looking forward to a week without having to get up at 6am lol!

I have to say that today's post was inspired by a card that our Mrs Duck did last week, at least the aperture part with the papers was lol! Thank you Ang, my brain has given up at the moment I never think about doing an aperture and I have to say I was pleased with how this turned out.

My choice of colour paper was chosen by the image, its of Blue Tits and comes from CC The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady CD Rom, it had a peach coloured circle round it so I kept to this as much as possible.

I had my White base card 6" X 6". I die cut an aperture out with SB Nestabilities Standard Circles Large. Out of the Hideaway Premium Pad I chose the Orange paper, this design is in Green and Yellow also, view here to see the Green that Mrs Duck used and the inspiration this came from. http://theducksdoodahs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/green-pearls-rise-of-striplet.html.  I cut a larger aperture out of the center with SB Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and used the aperture on the inside as a background to the image. I matted the paper onto the front of the card.

Using a larger die again I cut an aperture out of a Dovecrafts Doily and attached this over the aperture of the card leaving the White base card showing.

On the inside of the card I matted up some Peach colour Lidls card, then the die cut circle out of the paper, followed by the die cut circle from the base card and then the image.

I didn't like how the doily sat on the aperture, I felt it need something more so I die cut another circle from the Peach card using two of the dies so this left me just a ring rather than a circle and I attached this to the card on top of the doily. With the White aperture standing out so prominent I coloured the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dried Marmalade, this blended in nicely.

There you have the finished card, I have left a sentiment off so it could be used for any occasion.

Thank you for looking and Thank You Ang lol!

Love & hugs Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.