Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 June 2014

On the Waves

Morning my crafting friends, another weekend is upon us, the weeks sure do fly fast.
We are very busy at work at the moment with exams taking place, year 11 left before the half term break and just come in for their exams now, these kids grow up fast!

For todays post I decided on a Blue sea theme. My inspiration for this was the image itself which is from Crafters Companion Halcyan Days CD Rom featuring the beautiful embroidery art work of Abigail Mill. There are some beautiful images on this CD showing how she has made her Art images all out of textiles. 

I chose this little image and decided to die cut it with SB Labels Twenty-Six, I used a larger die from the same set to die cut a piece of Lidls Blue card, I matted and layered these together and put to one side.

I got my 6" X 6" base card then cut a piece of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Pastel Blue Card, ran this through the Embossalicious Die'sire Embossing Folder Clouds, sanding over the embossed clouds using a sanding block rubbing only lightly just to obtain a bit of White around the clouds, I quite like the effect this gave. I then matted this onto my base card. Across the bottom of this I added a piece of Blue Patterned card that I had in my recycle box, I thought this would look okay as the pattern looked a little like waves. To hide the join between the two cards I attached a piece of Dovecraft Blue Ribbon.

I attached my image as seen but felt the bottom looked too bare so I added some of the die cut accents from SB Shapeabilities Twisted Metal Tags & Accents set, I cut these out of more Lidls Blue card and attached them at the bottom of the card as seen.


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.