Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Figgy Pudding Lane

Morning my crafting friends, hope this day finds you well? Sorry I have not posted of late I have been busy catching up with chores on my return from my hols and not had much time to craft, anyhow I did manage to do this one in-between chores lol!


I thought it was about time I used my folders from Sheena Douglass so I brayed the folder on the inside with Versamark Ink Pad, placed my card inside the folder and put it through the E Bosser. I then covered it with White embossing powder and heat embossed it, this covered the walls of the buildings, I rubbed some Black ink over the embossed areas to show up the outline of the buildings.

I applied some Distress Inks, Pumice Stone first followed by Vintage Photo over the buildings I felt this gave an aged look to some of the walls, I painted in the beams using Black Soot, the windows using Squeezed Lemonade and signs with Vintage Photo, Fired Brick & Chipped Sapphire. The sky I coloured using Chipped Sapphire.

I placed a piece of snow covered Acetate over the image and made a frame for the card. Once stuck together I attached this to the front of a 5"X7" card.

I stamped my sentiment onto some White card and matted it onto some Gold card, making it a ribbon and attached it to the front of the card. I added a snowflake on top of this as well as in the upper corners to take the bareness away from the edges. There you have the finished card.

I have tried various, but similar ways of using this folder, will show these at a later date. Not your usual Christmas card but different!

Items Used:

Basic White Textured card 
Gold card
Sheena Douglass Festive Embossing Folders Figgy Pudding Lane
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire & Squeezed Lemonade
Hunkydory Snowflake Acetate
Justrite Large Festive Sentiments
Spellbinders Snowflakes
Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White
Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Pearls
Versamark Ink Pad
Brayer



Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



1 comment:

  1. Late to this party, but I felt compelled to comment nonetheless! Fantastic card, and an incredibly detailed description of its making. Thank you so much - I need to get mine out and give it a go now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.