Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 August 2014

Hobbycutz Challenge 59 Sketch


Morning my crafting friends, todays card is my second post for Hobbycutz DT, Erin chose the theme by interpreting a 'Sketch'. Aurora wings are the lovely sponsors.


Do go over and visit the  blog to see what beautiful creations the other DT Members have done

 This is the sketch we had to go by...

 Here is my take on it...


I started with a basic 6" X 6" blank card and covered the front with one of the beautiful papers from First Editions.  I added a piece of Lace Ribbon around the center before matting it onto the card. As most of the papers in this pad are Blue & Green I decided to keep to these colours so using the pad again I chose a Blue sheet and added a square diagonally in the center, unfortunately you cannot see this now as it is covered, you may see a peek at the top of the image or under the Blue flower! Using another sheet I cut two squares out  with SB Captivating squares and placed these in opposite corners.

The beautiful image is Gardenia from Aurora Wings our sponsors, I coloured this with Promarkers & Spectrum Noirs, I did wish to stick to Blue & Green but I felt the roses would look better in bright colours to stand out so I went for Pink & Yellow! I added some glitter round the edge of the Pink Roses but the photo does not pick this up, I am sure the image is supposed to be the other way round so she is upside down but I liked it this way! Once finished I die cut the image out with SB Captivating Squares  and placed it in the top right corner of my card.

Using Tattered Lace lavish Blooms I cut the Lily out of White card, cut down the center of each petal and coloured the edge Pink and I cut the Poppy out of some of the Blue paper from the pad, I added glitter round the edge of each of these flowers too. I die cut the leaves out of a Green sheet from the pad adding some darker Green centers of the leaves to make the flowers stand out a bit more. Now I know the sketch shows only two flowers but I like the 'Rule of Three' so I added three flowers!

Finally the sketch showed four dangling items, I was not sure what I was going to use for this, I thought of beads at first but they were too big so then I found these buttons that matched the colour of my theme and were the shape of flowers, I could easily attach these with some jump rings so I placed these in the top corner as seen.

I feel I have matched the sketch all be it a little bit 'busy', possibly would have been better on a larger card so it was all spaced out a bit more as there was rather a lot to fit on but I am happy with it lol!

Items used:

First Editions Up Up & Away 6 X 6 paper pad
Creative Expressions Layered Scalloped lace
Tattered Lace Lavish Blooms Poppy, Lily, Stamens & Leaves (my lovely prize from Lydia)
Aurora Wings Digi Image Gardenia
Spellbinders Captivating Squares
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet
Letraset Promarkers
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noirs
Creative Expressions Glitter Jewels Diamond Snow
HobbyHouse Self Adhesive Pearls
Trimcraft Santas Workshop Buttons

I would like to enter this card into http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/august-2014-challenge-anything-goes.html

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/week-270-favorite-things.html ( Flowers, Leaves & pretty papers)


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.