Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 September 2014

Purple Poinsettias

Morning my crafting friends, hope today finds you all well? Thank you for looking in on me today its very much appreciated and please feel free to post a comment I would love to hear what you think of my creations.

Good luck to all those up in Scotland today, I hope you get the vote you want.


For todays post I got the old faithful Christmas bauble dies out again, I wanted to use my Purple Pearlescent card but only had one sheet left which meant not much matting & layering, I got round it by adding the one and only embossed Purple card I had with the swirly pattern on, I had three sheets of this Satin Gold Miri card left so I used that as the base card followed by the swirl embossed card, more Gold card, which I edged round with double sided tape and added glitter, this made it look like another layer!Then the sheet of Purple Pearlescent on top of this. I die cut the Christmas Ornaments 2011 out of the Gold & Purple card so you see the card behind and die cut the smaller one in Gold for the sentiment.

From the off cuts of the Gold, Purple & Purple Swirl card I die cut the Poinsettias and leaves, adding some glitter on the vines of the leaves and inking the flowers with Shaded Lilac. To finish the flowers I added a sparkly brad in the center of each flower, Gold for the Purple and Purple for the Gold. I placed these round the edge of the die cut Bauble, leaving just one for the other side. I stamped my sentiment onto the small Bauble with Versamark then heat embossed with Purple embossing powder, attaching this to the center finished the card. Dimensions are 8"X8".

Items Used:

Create and Craft Satin Gold Miri card
Hunkydory Swirl Embossed Card Purple
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card Pastel-Purple
Double Sided Adhesive
Purple Glitter 
SB Layered Poinsettias
SB 2011 Heirloom Ornaments
Crafty Impressions Clear Stamps
Papermania Embossing Powder Purple
Papermania Large Glitter Brads
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Shaded Lilac

I will show you the card I made from the offcuts on Saturday.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.