Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Christmas Platypus

Morning my crafting friends, I hope today finds you all safe and well. I had a lovely afternoon yesterday crafting, it was just so nice to be able to sit, relax and craft with no rush to be getting anything else done lol! The men were both at work so it was peaceful too!!!

As most of you know I am now on the DT for Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends and although the blog posts do not start till January we have been getting acquainted as they say to our many wonderful sponsors and todays post was a freebie from one of them Meljen's Designs Club

the Christmas Platypus so I hope you like it.


 I really enjoyed colouring this in with my Spectrum Noir & Promarkers probably as it was such an unusual image, so as my friend is married to an Australian this shall be their Christmas card lol!

I started by using Kraft card as the base and layered it up with Green miri card. I picked a choice of Christmas papers and embossed the striped, I cut two rectangles of more green miri card and Christmas paper, matted and layered then placed them on the striped paper as seen then wrapped a piece of Red Ribbon around before attaching to my base card. 

After colouring my image I added some Glaze to the beak and feet as well as the Holly leaves and some White Flower soft to the rim and  pom pom of the hat. I die cut using Lables Twenty, matted this onto some Brown paper also die cut with labels twenty, I attached this to the right side of the card on top of the Ribbon. I made a bow using the same ribbon, attached this to some Gold tulle and placed them on the left side of the card.

I have not added a sentiment as yet, not sure whether I will but will decide nearer to sending it out.

The finished dimensions are 7.5" X 7.5"




Items Used:

Create and Craft Kraft Card
Create and Craft Green Miri Card
Papermania assorted Christmas Paper
Meljens Designs Christmas Platypus Digi Stamp
Spectrum Noirs
Promarkers
White Flower Soft
Pinflare Glaze
Fantastic Ribbons Gold Edged Red Ribbon
Spellbinders Labels Twenty
Embossilicous Embossing Folder Regency Swirls


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.