Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 October 2014

Joy & Striplet

Morning my crafting friends so good of you to visit me today, its lovely having so many friends in blog land and its great to be inspired by so many crafting people out there.

Today is a special day for me as I remember my older brother John, he would have been 63 today but sadly he was killed in a hit & run 37years ago next month at the young age of 26, it does not seem that long ago but you never forget. I often wonder what he would be doing now if he was still alive.

Sorry, on a more happier note I have been playing with my striplet die, after die cutting it I placed a piece of Double Sided Adhesive over the back to save all the cut outs then covered it with Diamond Snow Glitter to add sparkle, I was quite please with how it looked but noticed one or two of the cut outs were starting to come off after applying the glitter so I stuck another piece of Double Sided Adhesive on top to hold in place along with a piece of Acetate over the top, this sort of sealed the die cut pieces with the glitter like a sandwich.
Now I had no idea what I was going to do with these it just seemed a good idea at the time lol!


 As I had bought some new papers the other day I decide to mat & layer these with some  Blush card, with the striplet sandwiches and the original striplet that I had cut out I placed them side by side, on top of my card with the original striplet raised up using foam pads. I did intend to have this as a Christmas card but it was not looking very Christmassy at the moment lol! I had intended to place another die over the top with a sentiment in but I did not wish to cover up the striplet so decided on using the new Sue Wilson Die 'JOY'. I die cut this out using the Blush card and some White card, attached them together and placed it on the right side of the card, thankfully it did not cover up too much of my sandwich striplet but it did leave an empty space the other side so I added a bow to fill the gap and even the card out a bit. I added one of the large Pearl embellishments and this finished the card.

Items used:

Creative Expressions Foundation Card Blush
Winter ??? 12" X 12" paper pad from the Range, sorry cannot remember what it is called!
Sue Wilson Striplet die
Sue Wilson Joy die
Creative Expressions Seam Binding Ribbon Pale Pink
Creative Expressions Large Fancy Pearl Embellishment
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Acetate
Creative Expressions Diamond Snow Glitter
Foam Pads


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.