Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 October 2014

May Each Treasured Memory...

Morning my crafting friends, thank you for joining me today its so lovely to have you here, I do hope this finds you all well. Plenty of hugs coming to those who don't.

Now for todays post I thought I would try the tile effect that John Lockwood showed on one of his shows, I had before done the technique of  inking and heat embossing the raised areas but not the de- bossed areas so that's what I have done for todays post. I have to say I do quite like the look of this technique but I don't think it would suit all embossing folders, it depends on the pattern as well as the depth of the folder.Thank you John for the inspiration!


Being as I was just trying this I randomly picked up some Blue card that was in a pile on my desk that was the size I wanted, I also had a sheet of Cobalt Blue card already folded in half so Blue was my theme! They did not look right just the Blues which is why I have added some White in the mix lol! I do think this would have looked nice with Silver or Grey card instead of the White.

I embossed the Cobalt Blue card with Lattice Garden embossing folder and matted this up with some White card. I embossed the Sky Blue card with the same embossing folder, turned it over and inked the back with my brayer using my Versamark Ink pad and heat embossed with Tropic Pearl Lustre embossing powder.

Then it was decision time as to what to put on top, just a sentiment so the background was not covered up too much or what...as you can see I decided on die cutting Lables Twenty-Five twice, once with White card and once with Cobalt Blue card, before placing the White piece on my card I wrapped a piece of Blue Ribbon around the middle, I then stuck this down with the Blue die cut on top.

With another piece of White card I stamped my sentiment using Chipped Sapphire, applied a piece of Double Sided Adhesive on top then die cut with Lables Eighteen. Once out of the die I removed the adhesive sheet and sprinkled Diamond Snow all over then inked the edge with Chipped Sapphire. I die cut two of the Heirloom Flourish Two, trimmed them slightly and attached them either side of my sentiment. I placed this in the center of my card.

I made a messy bow out of the same ribbon, attached this on the side and to finish the card added a pearl flower on top.  Dimensions are 7" X 5". 

I am quite happy with the finished result and I hope you like it too.

Items Used :

Creative Expressions Cobalt Blue & Sky Blue Card
Creative Expressions Embossing Powder Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Pearl Lustre
Creative Expressions Diamond Snow
Creative Expression Unmounted Stamps Treasured Memories
Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five
Spellbinders Lables Eighteen
Spellbinders Heirloom Flourish Two
Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire
GCS Imports Flowers & Beads
Papermania Blue Ribbon

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.