Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 7 November 2014

Christmas Time is here Again!

Morning crafters, hope today finds you all safe and well? Sending loads of hugs to those who need them right now.

Sorry for the late post today, my  post features a cute image from http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com the lovely Rudy. I thought he was so cute with his baubles (Now Ladies/Gentlemen, especially Ang, I did say baubles!!!) I thought it was such a cute image I had to have it, now I have to admit its very rare that I buy and  download any images, possibly because its very time consuming colouring in and then making a card as I have so little free time, so I tend to stick with sentiments on the front of most of my cards, I have at times put images on from CD Roms, however, I must admit I do enjoy colouring in so I keep the digi images for the Design Teams that I am on. I did actually buy two images but you will have to wait to see the other one as I bought it in mind for my daughter's Christmas card, yet to make lol!

Promarkers have a lovely Challenge Theme at the moment its make card inspired by a Beatles Song, so this is mine, the song 'Christmas Time is Here Again'. Yes I know I have opted for the easy option, but the time of year is appropriate lol! You can find a list of all Beatles songs here http://www.maccafan.net/SongIndex/BeatlesSongIndex.htm.



Being as he had some snowflakes around him I decided on the Blue theme again (cold colour!!!) so I chose the Cobalt Blue card for my base and matted it up with some White card.

Using a piece of Sky Blue card I put double-sided adhesive tape all around the edge and covered with Diamond Snow and attached to my base card. I cut a piece of the Cobalt Blue card to fit inside the glittered bordered card and stuck that down. I then embossed a piece of Sky Blue card, rubbed over the embossed area with gilding wax Patina and attached this on top with foam pads.

I coloured Rudy in with Promarkers giving him a Red scarf to match his Red nose! I die cut him out using Radiant Rectangles, inked round the edge whilst still in the die then attached him to the top of my card with foam tape.

To finish the card I added a sticker sentiment matted up on Cobalt Blue card and a glittered snowflake with a snowflake brad in the center in opposite corners to balance the card.

Finished dimensions are 5" X 7".

Items Used:

Creative Expressions Foundation Card Cobalt Blue & Sky Blue
Creative Expressions Diamond Snow
Creative expressions Gilding Wax Patina
White Card
Pinflare Red Double Adhesive Tape
Promarkers
Tattered Lace Embossing Folder Snowflakes
Spellbinders Create a Flake
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles
White Vellum
Metal Snowflake Brads
Sentiment Sticker from an old set from Hunkydory. 
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass 
Foam Pads and Tape


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

3 comments:

  1. Jacquie, he very cute!!! And a great card. Just catching up after a great weekend down in Birmingham. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie, I could have sworn I commented on this wonderful card...did it get lost? hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie,
    This looks fab. I love the fun image. Your colouring looks wonderful & I love the snowflake too. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.