Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Friends in the Moonlight

Morning my crafting friends, hope everyone is okay today, lots of hugs going to those who are not. I thank you all for coming by and visiting me its good to have you along.

Thank you do much for all your wonderful comments on my MDF Love Heart (last post) we now have a date to scatter Joys ashes, 21st April, cannot believe we have to wait so long but never mind.

Now I have recently bought three new stencils from Sweet Poppy, I bought some a couple of years ago and love them because they are sturdy being metal as well as easy to clean, nothing wrong with any other kind they all do a great job and yes it means they are a bit more expensive and these were on offer, as soon as I saw this one I had to have it being a cat lover and all that lol!


I knew I wanted to keep the cats as a silhouette so I attached my stencil to the Hammer card and inked through with my Versamark ink pad then heat embossed with two Black embossing powders, one sparkly the other Matt.

I inked round the image with Black soot but leaving the moon White, then went over the edges with Black Soot again and I have just noticed that I have left it looking like the tree is floating, silly me!!! I should have trimmed it back to the end of the tree branch!

To keep the monochrome look I matted this onto some White corrugated card then onto my Black base card.

Very simple to do, I am sure it would look just  as good with using Black Soot or some other ink through the stencil rather than embossing.

I shall do it again but with the moon as the sun...watch this space!

Items Used:

Soho Creations Hammered brilliant card
Sweet Poppy Stencil Friends
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot
Crelando Corrugated Card White (Lidls)
Crelando Card Black (Lidls)
Versamark Ink Pad
Papermania Embossing Powders Black Sparkly & Black



I would like to enter this into:


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

18 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, love the cats.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good, a great card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card I'm not a cat lover but I like this image and done as a silhouette is very effective Can't wait to see the "sunshine one"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jacquie, the cats silhouette is delightful and I love the elegant design.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Jacquie, this is so sweet! I love the cats in the moonlight, looks like a movie poster for something I would totally watch!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable stencil and I love how you have them as a silhouette with the moon! This would also work for the Less Is More challenge, Jacquie. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie
    At least you have a date now and then you know Joy will finally be at peace.
    This card is stunning! I love puddy tats and the silhouette is terrific.
    Smashing job Mrs J!.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH! Love how creative you were with the Designers Choice Challenge for Heat Embossing this week. I'm thrilled to see you card and I wish you luck on your entry. Take care and hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH! Love how creative you were with the Designers Choice Challenge for Heat Embossing this week. I'm thrilled to see you card and I wish you luck on your entry. Take care and hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliantly designed card and awesome silhouette and sentiment used. Dad is doing remarkably well and if he continues like this he will reach 103 in January.xxxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable. Love the image and it works perfectly with this week's challenge at Less is More.
    thanks so much for playing along
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Jacquie, such a fabulous silhouette image and lovely monochrome design - I can't wait to see the sunny version.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card!​ Thanks for sharing ​your talents​ with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again soon and good luck in the prize draw!
    http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.co​​m/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, love the details and the cats. I found you from Less is More challenge blog. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by my Blog and say HI. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great fun, what a cute image!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever way to emboss your card! This is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration, and for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my god, this is so simple and so beautiful! thanks for joining #256 challenge with Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog, hope to see you this week again! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.