Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 May 2015

Amber Camellia

Hello my crafting friends, good to have you visit me again, I hope its a Happy Thursday for you all, if not BIG HUGS are sent your way.

This is a scheduled post but i am adding this...I apologize for the lack of comments on peoples blogs, with my MIL funeral and now a very close friend of mine, who has always been like a second mother to me, has fallen and broken her hip, she has just had a hip replacement so I have been up Norfolk visiting her, its all happening this week!!! Take care everyone. xxx

I am hoping we will have some decent weather this week, this May has got to be one of the worse Mays  for weather, I am convinced the seasons are changing and getting later lol!


Remember my card from the other Monday when I did two quick cards? Well this is the second one.

I painted the background using Aquatints again but this time using the Pastel colours, I used the Blue and Purple blending them together then spraying with water and dabbing dry.

I matted this up onto a White Base card that I had previously stamped with my sentiment.

I die cut some Complete Petals from the Camellia dies and inked them with Fossilized Amber, beautiful colour, I quite liked how I got the two toned look by using less or more of the ink. I glued three layers  together to form a substantial flower, pinched the ends of the petals together and added a pearl in the center of each finished flower.

In the center of the card I placed a couple of Faux Quilled Leaves and added the flowers on top. There you have the finished card. Dimension 6"X4".

Items Used:

White Card
Sheena Douglass Spectrum Noir Aquatints Pastels
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Faux Quilled Leaves
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Camellia Complete Petals
Creative Expressions John Lockwood Elements Stamps Daisy Chain Elements
Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Pearls
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Fossilized Amber

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jacquie, love the flowers, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie, great card, love the colour and gorgeous flowers. Hope thing start to get a little easier for you. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jacquie, your background design looks so beautiful and your amber coloured flowers are stunning.
    Sending you hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jacquie! Such a lovely card, your flowers are stunning!! It's funny, but May is one of my favourite months of the year. The birds start chirping, people start mowing their lawns and pulling out their BBQs. The sounds and smells are such a relief after the long winter. Plus we get a nice breeze and a short break from extreme weather conditions before the heat and humidity hit us in June. Canada...what a hoot!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jacquie, you are sure having bad news lately. Hope you are ok and coping. My thoughts are with you. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Jacqui,gorgeous flowers.....Oooh I hope your friend makes a rapid pecovery.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft colours of your background ... so pretty. And it's gorgeous paired with the colour of your flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry to hear all these bad news for you and beloved ones...
    I am so sorry
    big hugs
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jacquie. I just popped you an email so check your inbox when you have time. No urgency, mostly I'm just whining about life. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can delete this comment if you like. :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Jackie Two colours I wouldn't have to put together bu work brilliantly Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Such a wonderful design and I love those pretty flowers!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. A great card for any occasion. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice arrangement and beautiful colors!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Rosi x - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.