Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 8 May 2015

Christmas Wishes

Morning my crafting friends, almost another week over. I hope you have all had plenty of time to craft, life seems to take over quite a bit lately.

I am starting my Christmas cards, yes I did say Christmas lol! I have been inspired by the new Happy Little Stampers Christmas CAS blog that is starting soon, just up my street for quick but very effective cards. I am hoping to get all my cards done by the end of the summer!!!


For my base card I folded a sheet of A4 Chocolate Brown Pearlescent card in half then cut down the middle to make two A6 card blanks.

On top of the base card I matted a piece of White card that I had stamped with my sentiment using Archival Ink.

Using some Tan coloured Pearlescent card I found in my stash along with more of the Chocolate Brown I die cut my Deer.   The die includes the little dots for the speckles on the Deers hump and a wreath to put round its neck, which I have decided to leave off on this occasion, eyes and hooves. These are all separate parts of the die you cut and stick on, obviously I coloured the eyes, nose and hooves Black but left the speckles White.

A very simple card to make and a lovely little Christmas card quite cheap for posting. 

Items Used:

Crafters Companion Chocolate Brown Pearlescent card
Crafters Companion Tan Pearlescent Card
White Card
Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Winter Greetings
Cottage Cutz Deer with Wreath
Sharpie Pen Black
Archival Ink Black


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

17 comments:

  1. Good morning, a lovely x mas card but a bit too early for me to start even thinking about it!! Have a nice weekend Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jacquie, I love the die cut deer and fabulous CAS design.
    I really must start making my Christmas cards soon!
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I cant wait to get home and in my craft room, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jacquie. Lovely deer and great CAS style. I always do my cards throughout the year - saves so much stress later in the year. It also helps that they are my favourite cards to make anyway! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stunning card, simple but so elegant.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Jacquie! A lovely CAS design! Good luck with the DT call over at HLS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Jacquie, I can't help but smile when I look at this little guy! What a fabulous holiday card!! I really need to get a move on my holiday card stash or I am going to be in big trouble this year!! haha! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon Jacquie, you and I seem to be on the same wavelength as I have just finished scheduling a Christmas card to appear on my blog on Sunday. Never to early to start and I have already made quite a few. Doing them now and again doesn't take the enjoyment out of making them rather than having to do loads nearer the time. Love this little deer die - he is so cute. A CAS card but still beautiful. Have a good weekend. Janice xx
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacquie,
    This is just what's needed when you have a lot of Christmas cards to make. Nothing too fussy but still festive and happy. I like it.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's very cute but not too sacchariney Perfect CAS card I haven't started Christmas yet but as I cd rom craft if there's a bit of space on a piece if paper or card that I'm printing I will add a bit of Christmassy paper in readiness for finishing later in the year

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Christmas card Jacquie, such an adorable deer and fabulous CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable Jacquie. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck with the DT calls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacquie
    Well, its not cheap. . . . . . Its a little deer (cue laughter or tumbleweed lol!)
    Love it, love it, love it. Doesn't need anything else so a perfect CAS card.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that die cut deer. He is so adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and good luck with the DT call xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this little deer! Such fabulous detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.