Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 May 2015

Daisy Weave

Hello my crafting friends, hope you are all having a great weekend. Haven't we had some strong winds of late, the beautiful blossom on my Cherry Blossom tree has been blown away, only had the beautiful flowers a few days this year, mind you the drive and cars look pretty!!!

May I give a very warm welcome to my newest follower Lynn (aka LynnPenguin), thank you for joining us its lovely to have you on board.

Yesterday I had my delivery of John Lockwood stamps so I had to play, I have to admit I cheated a bit, watching John's shows Nigel May commented on the Daisy striplet and that he would cut it up and weave it, well sorry Nigel I had to give it a go so I decided on using Custard & White card.


I started with my base card, 6"x6" White scalloped card and cut a piece of Custard card to size.

On some White card and more Custard card I stamped the Daisy Quilt Striplet twice on each card using Black Archival ink then cut it into strips. Now I have never tried to do weaving before so was not sure how I was going to do this!!! I decided to start by gluing the tops of the Custard strips onto the piece of Custard card I had cut to size but leaving a gap round the edge of the card as I wanted to put a frame on top of the weave. I then took each of the White strips and weaved them one at a time in between the Custard strips pushing them up as far as I could, it was a bit fiddly but I got there in the end.  I trimmed the excess from the edges and taped them down with double sided adhesive. 

I then made a frame out of White card so it was just a tiny bit smaller than the Custard card, I cut out the middle using a craft knife and embossed the frame with Knotted Trellis, I now wished I had left it plain or just embossed a line inside it as I think the pattern is too much for the weaving and maybe being plain would have showed the weaving up more.


With the excess bits I had cut of from the weave strips I managed to cut 12 squares so these I coloured, the White in Yellow and the Custard ones in Orange, I then attached these with Foam pads on top of parts of the weave in random places so they protruded out of the card, I felt this added some depth and interest.

I did not wish to add a sentiment as I felt it may spoil the look but just added a Yellow & Orange bow, keeping to the colour scheme, in the bottom left corner and then added two of WENDY'S beautiful stick pins to finish it off.

Thank you Nigel for the idea and John for the inspiration and wonderful stamps. Now its your turn John, I know you can make a better job of it than me lol!

Items Used:

6"X6" White Scalloped Edge Base Card
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Custard
Creative Expressions John Lockwood Stamps to Die For Daisy Quilt Striplet
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Embossing Folder Knotted Trellis
Spectrum Noir Pens
Foam Pads
Yellow & Orange Ribbon
Ranger Archival Ink Black
White Card
Wendy's Stick Pins


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Jacquie, what patience you have.
    Love what you have done and I agree no Sentiment required.
    Have a good day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card today and a nice way to use the striplet.Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jacquie, I love your design and beautiful colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jacquie, amazing effect card love the way you have converted a stamp into a weaved effect card. Have a good day. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card with the weaved effect...Hope you had a lovely day for mother's day.xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Jacquie, a very effective way to use the stamps - like Patricia said you must have lots of patience, it looks very fiddly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention, pins still for sale to. What a grand job you have made of this one, gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Jacquie!! You must have spent forever cutting out those cajillion little pieces, I love it!! It's like the most beautiful version of Whack-a-Mole that I've ever seen!! (that's a compliment by the way) The weave embossing is a perfect coordinating design! You are so creative girl! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacquie,
    This is really different and I like it. I agree that no sentiment is required and the little pieces left over and made 3D add a little extra bit of oomph.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacquie
    Even in light of your sad news, I still needed to comment on this fab card. My goodness, you have some patience with all that weaving but terrific result.
    Bug hugs chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bloomin predictive text. . . . .should be BIG hugs! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.