Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 May 2015

It Takes a Long Time...

Hello there my crafting friends, I do hope today finds you all safe and well, BIG HUGS to those who are not.

I have in my stash some pretty Japanese style papers and wanted to use some but not to cover it up so I went with this...


The papers are beautiful, like gold foiled but not quite! Unfortunately the photos do not pick this up but the Gold round the flowers and lines along the edge of the patterns are sparkly Gold.

I started with my base card an A4 sheet of Centura Pearl White with Gold and folded it in half to form an A5 card.

I matted and layered this up with the Japanese paper and more Centura Pearl card.

For the top layer I die cut the California background and placed this in the center.

I made a fan out of an Oriental die using another Oriental paper, Black & Gold  and placed that in the bottom right corner,  using more of the same paper and some White card I die cut four of the tags from Scandinavian Corners Boarders & Tags, layered them up with the Black & Gold paper behind the White card then on one of them I stamped my sentiment and placed the two tags together turning them in opposite directions as seen. I hope that makes sense? This gave what would be one rectangle shape into a square, I placed this onto the card on the left side as a diamond shape.

To finish the card I added self adhesive pearls over the background, on each corner of the square and  three different size of pearls in the top & bottom opposite corners of the card.

Items Used:

Crafters Companion centura Pearl White with hint of Gold Card
Japanese Papers (own stash)
White Card
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson California Collection Background
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection Corners, Boarders & Tags
Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Friends Sentiments
Tattered Lace Oriental Die Fan
Oriental papers (own stash)
Archival Ink Black
Dreamees Pearls 4mm, 5mm, & 6mm.


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


12 comments:

  1. Lovely card and a great sentiment too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with the most gorgeous colours used...love the beautiful papers..x
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jacquie, I love the papers, gorgeous die cuts and such a beautiful sentiment too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jacquie, a lovely card today with a great sentiment....very true. Have a good day and thanks for the comments and birthday wishes on my blog.
    Janice xx
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card I have the Californian background and only ever used it once You've inspired me to dig it out and use it To place it on top of a pretty paper is genius

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, with the lovely sentiment that I love to to use. I think I need to get my die box out and start using them more. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Jacquie, gorgeous papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie
    Beautiful card. The papers look divine and have reminded me that I have some that my friend brought back from Japan that I just put in a box.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    I did smile when I saw your title as the first thing that came into my head was "it takes a long time to. . . . . tie my shoelaces" lol! I know, I'll shut up now hahaha!
    Hope you're ok.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Jacquie! That Japanese paper is brilliant and I love that intricate fan! Beautiful! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what stunning die cut designs and awesome papers Jacquie.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what stunning die cut designs and awesome papers Jacquie.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those papers are really gorgeous Jacquie. Great design to let them show through. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.