Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 May 2015

Roar with Pride

Morning my crafting friends, hope you are having an enjoyable weekend, there are plenty of hugs going round to those who need them right now.


I decided to have a play yesterday and do a sort of CAS card, one layer. I have a few stamps I bought a while back that I have not used yet, this being one of them, and I thought they would do as a male card.

I got my card base ready and cut to size then measured a piece of White card to the size I wanted.

Using distress inks I started blending them together to form the background then stamped the grasses from John Lockwood's Daffodil  Elements stamps, these are so handy! Next I inked up my Lion stamp with my versamark ink pad and heat embossed it with Black embossing powder.

I got my Aquatints water colours and mixed the Orange and Browns together until I got a colour I was happy with and painted him in as seen. 

I stamped my sentiment at the bottom of the base card, attached my image with foam tape and there you have the finished card.

Items Used:

White card
Printable Heaven Leather card Cream
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Bundled Sage, Brushed Cordroy, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers & Forest Moss
Spectrum Noir Aquatints 33, 35, 39 & 42
Sheena Douglass Little Bit Sketchy Stamps-Roar
Papermania Embossing Powder Black
Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Friends Sentiments
Creative Expressions John Lockwood Element Stamp Daffodil Elements ( Grass)
Ranger Archival Ink Black

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

13 comments:

  1. A stunning card Jacquie. What a fabulous lion stamp and love how you did your background too. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jacquie!! I really love it. I think you should roar with pride too! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jacquie, beautifully coloured image, very life like. CAS is sometimes perfect, as this card is. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie, wow this is a fabulous card, love the stamps and your colouring is superb.Love the design . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Jacquie! That lion stamp is grrrrrreat :-), and your background looks fab. :-) Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a fine fellow Jacquie and looks great against your inky background.

    Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, awesome Jacquie!! Amazing colouring, can't believe you did this with distress inks, well done!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Jacquie, such a gorgeous Lion.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Jacquie, such a fabulous image and wonderful colouring.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister's favourite animals was the big cats She'd have loved this your colouring in is great too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Jacquie, loving the roar from this huge cat.x
    ♥aNNie{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, super image.
    Thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'Happy Birthday' Challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.