Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 August 2015

A Very Merry Christmas

Hello my crafting friends, good of you to join me today, this post is scheduled as I will still be in Cornwall so I hope its come up okay? I have left hubby at home looking after the pets, my time away lol!

My last two posts have been made from the backgrounds I made and these next two are no exception, they are nice easy and small cards to make in batch for Christmas, I have decided, due to costs, to keep my cards small this year apart from close Family members, they are quicker to make too!!!


I loved how the background to this one turned out and wish I had done it bigger lol! That's the beauty of these backgrounds you never get two looking the same. Needless to say I used Yellow & Red on this one, starting with the lightest colour first, keep alternating the colours until you get the desired effect you want. I have to give credit to Loll for this one as she posted a similar one to this on her blog HERE and I just loved the simplicity of the one bauble which is why I did this particular one.

My base card was an A4 sheet of White card, folded in half then cut down the middle, so basically A6 size cards. 

I attached the coloured square with Foam Tape towards the top of the card.

Using more White card I die cut and embossed four different baubles, these two are Spellbinders Nestabilities 2010 Heirloom Ornaments and Spellbinders Christmas Baubles, I painted the larger one Blue and the smaller one Gold, attached them together then placed them on the card as seen, drew in the cord with Gold pen then stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card using Gold ink, this did not show up as much as I would have liked but there was no way I was going to try and go over it lol!

I just stamped a very simple Christmas message inside and there you have the finished card, dimensions are 4" X 6".

Items Used:

Aquatints-Bright & Essentials
Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Spellbinders Nestabilities 2010 Heirloom Ornaments
Spellbinders Christmas Baubles (These came free with the first GC)
Crafty Impressions Clear Stamps Christmas Snowflake Sentiments


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jacquie, I need to get started on mine but we have visitors all of September !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jacquie. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgerous Jacquie!! Love the non-traditional colours and that filigree ornament is so elegant!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your Thur post - how? Life really gets in the way at times I'm living your backgrounds and that ivy makes a lovely unusual Christmas card
    Today's is another Wowser and to place bauble from different die sets is such a clever idea I would never have thought to do that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie
    Another cracker (excuse the Christmas pun lol!)
    The background looks fab.
    Hope the house is still standing lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this design Jacquie. Your background is GORGEOUS!! Seriously ... it is amazing. And I live having the square with the bauble hanging part off. Great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jacquie, a lovely Christmas ornament and fabulous background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.