Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 August 2015

Fairy Bubbles

Hello my crafting friends, sorry I have been a bit absent of late, so much to do so little time to do it, you know the drift! Anyhow, I managed to get some craft time in this afternoon so I have produced this little bit of magic for you. I know I am back with the faeries, away with them at times lol! I just loved the vision of a Fairy blowing bubbles in the forest/woods/wilderness, whatever, see I told you I was away with the faeries lol!

Now for her being in whatever setting she may be in, you have to use your imagination lol! I did not wish to fill the image with trees or leaves, just an open space.

For the background I used DI Iced Spruce, Weathered Wood and Tattered Rose. I took the stencil Textured Scraped Paint, taped it at the top of the card and spread some modelling paste over certain areas then coated it with Glamour Dust , does not show on this image sadly but I will add another at the end of this post.

I die cut and embossed the fairy and coloured her in with Spectrum Noir Pens, I did stamp in her face but not her arms or legs. I die cut her wings out of acetate and coloured the back with Spectrum Noir Pens, inked over the back with my Versamark ink pad and sprinkled with Glamour Dust. I placed her on the card but did not attach her at this point, just so I could work out where the bubbles would start, I then drew the bubbles in by drawing round various size tops of bottles with a White water colour pencil. I faux bleached these with water and dabbed dry with kitchen towel. I then drew on the little shiny mark again using the water colour pencil.

On the bottom I stamped the Mushrooms using DI Weathered Wood and painted them in with the same DI. I also added some little bits of grass on the bottom so it looked like the ground.

I attached the fairy in her place then added the bowl and stick for the bubbles! Well she had to be using something  though perhaps she could have magically wished them in the air!!!

There you have the finished card, dimensions are 5" X 7".
Items Used:                                                                                           

Sheena Douglass Little Fairy Die Set
Sheena Douglass Festive Faeries Stamps Set
Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical Enchanted Doorway (Mushrooms are part of this set)
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Iced Spruce, Tattered Rose and Weathered Wood
Galleria Modelling Paste
Art Deco Glamour Dust
Crafters Companion Heat Resistant Acetate
Spectrum Noir Pens
Creative Expression Foundation Card Grey
Create and Craft Gold Miri Card
Memory Box Stencil Textured Scraped Paint 
White Water-colour Pencil



Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

11 comments:

  1. WOW! You are really doing some fantastic things with these faeries - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie,
    This is gorgeous, I love it.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie
    another super fairy card.
    Love your work on your background, and your fairy is lovely.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jacquie, such a pretty fairy and gorgeous background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and love how it's left to one's imagination, a fairy floating above the bubbly clouds in a land of freedom....now what is DI iced spruce please....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OKy worked out what it was...TH iced spruce Distressed ink..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Jacquie, love the design and how you let us imagine where she is. I think she is in a magical glen under a waterfall. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Jacquie, just gorgeous!! What a magical scene you have created here! Your Bokeh effect is just stunning and I love the way it looks like she is reaching out her arm to catch a drop of rain! So mystical and atmospheric!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Making Magic' challenge, I can never get enough of your mixed media pieces! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty make!
    Thank you so very much for joining our challenge Making Magic at Anything But Cute!

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fairy is so incredibly pretty and her setting is just as magical.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely and so magical. Your fairy's wings are fabulous and the background is such a pretty scene. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.