Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 17 August 2015

Seasons Greetings 2015

Hello my crafting friends, good to have you here today, I am back from my little holiday it was fabulous to see my beautiful Daughter again, even if it was for only a few days, it was last Christmas the last time I saw her, such a long time.

Now as I said on my last post I have been making smaller cards with coloured backgrounds, this one is slightly different as after spraying the background I added a leaf stencil then sprayed over that in White so this gives it a bit of a focal point.


I attached my background using Foam Tape towards the top of the card, leaving the space at the bottom for my sentiment.

I die cut the bauble from 2011 Heirloom Ornament and painted it Red, then die cut the smaller bauble from Christmas Baubles and painted that Gold, I stuck them together with PVA Glue, added two foam pads on the back and placed them on the card, I drew in the hanging cord with a Gold pen.

I added my sentiment at the bottom using Forest Moss DI and there you have the finished card. Dimensions 4"X 6".

Items Used;

Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Aquatints
Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Dies
Spellbinders Christmas Baubles Dies ( These came with the GC along with the Christmas Tree)
Justrite Large Fancy Christmas Sentiments
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Forest Moss

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovey card, great backing and great layout. Love the style on the sentiment die. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backgrounds you do Jacquie. So pleased you had a good time with your daughter. I'm sure you made the most of a the short time. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great background and flip flip flip I sold that Christmas tree and bauble set because I really struggled to cut the tree out and felt I couldn't split the set up! I think I have a few left in my stash so I'm going to play overlaying them on plain baubles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacquie,
    I don't know why but I seem to have overlooked your blog for a while. I must write the names of them down so I don't do it again. All your Christmas Card posts are beautiful, and I have never thought of overlaying a small bauble over a larger one - the effect is lovely, so I'll be borrowing that idea. Sorry I've been away, I'll write 100 lines, must do better!!!
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie,
    what a great card.
    Wonderful design too.
    Isn't it just lovely to see our family especially when they live far away.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous Christmas card Jacquie, such a pretty background.
    I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your break.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie
    Glad you had a lovely time with Toyah.
    Terrific card with beautiful texture on the background.
    Lovely effect with he spray too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.