Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 October 2015

A little Downton Abbey

Hello my crafting friends, so good to have you pop by today and pay me a little visit, I do appreciate it. If you leave a comment with your blog address I can return the favour.

Today's post is a card I made for a friends birthday last week, she is a big Downtown Abbey fan so I put this one together for her.



I loved these coloured papers that are on the Triple CD Rom, the colours are fabulous as well as the designs and I adored this die for the edge, so Lacey so I had to use it.  The images on the CD are fabulous and I feel this image could well be for a wedding as well as any occasions.

As you can see I matted a sheet of paper onto my base card, die cut the edge die four times and placed these round the edge of the inside of the card.  On the CD you have some Companions cards where they have the background to go with the image and other elements to match so I printed this one off to match the papers then raised the image in the center.

I hope this makes sense and if you are a fan of the Downton Abbey range there are some new embellishments coming this week on Create and Craft, in fact I think the shows start on Monday.

 Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


9 comments:

  1. Lovely card for your friend, I have never watched Downton but my DIL is addicted, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie, a smashing card, i bet your friend was really pleased to receive it. Janice xx
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jacquie, I love the lace border, so effective. The image is gorgeous and befits almost any occasion. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the fab image, this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card I love Downton and as you say this would make a lovely wedding card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love this inspiring creation today and colours used are just gorgeous.x
    {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful treat for a Downtown Abbey fan to receive.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Jacquie, you have chosen a beautiful image and your lace frame is fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacquie
    Sorry I'm playing catch up after a nightmare couple of weeks.
    You have been a busy girl with some super projects.
    Love the lacy edge to your card. Its like a frilly frame.
    Have a great weekend chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.