Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 16 October 2015

Seed Gift Folder Card

Hello my crafting friends, a bit late today but better late than never lol! There are some fabulous shows coming up on create and craft with out lovely Sheena Douglass showcasing her wonderful new stamps and stencils, if you love pets or gardening then these are a must for you. The shows will be on SUNDAY 18TH AT 4PM & 7PM then MONDAY 7AM & 11AM, try not to miss out on all the fabulous demos Sheena will be doing.

I did this card/gift with the Garden/Hare stamps & stencils.


I started by going and buying some packets of seeds first to make sure I had the correct size pockets, then I embossed two sheets of A4 Kraft card. 

I measured the seeds up against some Kraft card, cutting the strip of card a bit wider than the packet but long enough to accommodate two packets, if my memory serves me right then this was almost the whole length of the A4 card. The top card of the pockets was a little wider still so that you could fold over the edges and glue them down forming the pockets. I scored these lines before folding. 

I then cut out a half circle at top of each pocket, I did this by hand as I did not have a circle punch. I repeated this process four times but for two of them make the heights of the pockets (or length of card) about half an inch shorter, this is so they sit on top of the larger ones but once the card is closed the meet up at the top. Once the pockets were finished I rubbed some gilding wax over the embossed areas, folded them in half in the middle, so there was a pocket either side and glued one smaller pocket on top of the larger pocket just in the center so that the rest of the pocket was open for access. I hope all this makes sense? I then put these to one side.

For the cover I got 1 sheet of A4 Black card and scored two lines either side of the center forming a spine of about 1- 1 1/2  inches , I found this was large enough for the pockets to sit inside. I then decorated both the inside and outside of the cover. For the inside I used 1 sheet of A4 White card and did the shaving foam technique with Aquatints, (If you do not know the shaving foam technique you can find this on You Tube using any inks) I cut the card in half to fit and stenciled the wild flowers stencil along the bottom, I matted this onto some card I had edged with Gilding flakes then placed this on the inside of the front and back of the card.

For the outside of the card I edged some card with gilding flakes to match the inside. Using another sheet of A4 White card I brushed over with Aquatints pastels blending the colours together then laying some cling film on top and left to dry for about 2 hours. On removing the cling film it leaves some lovely line detail which is usually shiny but with the pastel colour it was quite faded, it shows up more with the Bright & Beautiful Aquatints. Once again I cut this to size to fit the front and back.

I stamped the front using the shed, hanging flowers and Pots stamps and coloured these in with Aqua Markers. I stenciled round the bottom and up one side with the Sack Cloth stencil using Forest Moss Distress Ink. I stamped my sentiment then attached this to the front of my card. I stamped the back with the wheelbarrow and tree stamp and once again coloured with Aqua markers, like the front I stenciled round the bottom and one side with the Sackcloth stencil and attached this to the back.  To finish the card off I added some ribbon round the center of the inside round to the front then added a bow on the outside of the spine. 
The one thing I should have done but forgot until it was too late was before you attach the front and back covers add a strip of ribbon horizontally round the card so it can tie at the front keeping the card closed, the covers would then hide this ribbon apart from the bit you tie up. Or if you have a rivet punch you could use this to put holes in and tie with ribbon.


This would make a lovely gift for a gardener or you can adapt it to fit anything in the pockets, specialty tea bags, book tokens, vouchers whatever you like. I do hope you have understood the instructions but if anyone doesn't or if you have any questions then please do e-mail me. 

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx






7 comments:

  1. Hello Jacquie, what a stunning project. I am going to adapt this if I may for a niece who is expecting her first baby. As well as a gift voucher, I can make tags with handy hints and tips on each one. I may even be able to get a very small gift in some - like a thermometer strip. Oh my mind is buzzing.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous project Jacquie, lots of brilliant details. Thank you for the detailed instructions
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project I'm thinking recipe cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie, thanks for this showcase and detailed project instructions...love this beautiful creation.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie
    What a great gift card. Fantastic idea to put seed packets in but as you say, could be used for other gifts too.
    Brilliant stuff chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie, I so love this project and thank you for sharing it :) All your samples are amazing huni and always look forward to seeing your crafty makes. Hugs jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.