Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Elephant & the Arches

Hello my crafting friends, hope today finds you safe and well? Thank you for looking in on me today I do appreciate you coming by and I love reading all your lovely comments so thank you.

Now the last post I made was showing one of the Diwali cards I had made for one of the teacher at the school where I work, today I am showing you the second card, they both loved them and was very appreciative of them.


This was for a male teacher of Science Nilesh so it had to have a masculine feel about it and I felt the arches were perfect for this so I embossed a piece of card with the Indian Arches embossing folder then coloured it in showing light coming form the doorway and windows, I started with Squeezed lemonade then Dried Marigold and finally Brushed Cordroy. I faux bleached part of the floor where the light was coming in and the rays from the window. I matted this onto some Black card and then onto the base card.

I stamped the Elephant from the Marching Elephants stamps and coloured it in with Pewter Distress Ink, the blanket and hat I coloured using Spectrum Noir Glitter pens to add that little sparkle. I cut the Elephant out and placed him in front of the Arches but not hiding the light. 

I finished the card by adding the Om (Aum) stamp up the corner, I coloured this in to match the light.

Items Used:

Sheena Douglass Taste of India Indian Arches Embossing Folder
Sheena Douglass Taste of India Stamp Marching Elephants
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Squeezed Lemonade, Dried marigold, Brushed Cordroy & Pewter
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pens
Black Card
White Card

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

8 comments:

  1. This looks brilliant Jacquie, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love how you made that glow seem like it's coming from the end of the arched hallway, really creates a sense of depth!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the brilliant colours and the glow is fabulous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie
    Stunning! Love those stamps and you have brought them to life.
    Missed making Nesta a Diwali card this year (she was away) but may have to get these stamps for next year lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jacquie! Love the deptth of your shading on the background building. Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit. Hope you are keeping well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie, I seem to have lost a day LOL !!! Don't know quite what i was doing yesterday, but missed your blog. Brilliant card. Janice xx
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Jacquie, a brilliant embossed background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.