Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 January 2016

Google Account?

Hello my crafting friends, just a note to remind some of you about the changes to Google and blogger, I sure do hope you can still find me and visit as I love to hear from you all and read your comments.




Hi everyone, have you noticed a drop in your blog followers? 
Or are you missing posts on blogs you followed?
  I came across a post with 
the following information, which I wanted to share with you!
This explains a lot!

In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs. 
As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other Open Id providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.
We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.
We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.


Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

Why they have to change things I will never know, it was working perfectly before, how can it be better when we lose followers and are unable to find certain blogs? I do hope you all manage to find me, I know I have lost a few blogs that even I cannot find.
Good Luck everyone
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx

3 comments:

  1. I am still following Jacquie. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie I have a google account so I will still follow. I have had to sign in to my account so much lately, which I never had to. So I think we are in fir problems, they should as you say just left it as it was. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a google account hun....but google plus messed up my other blog and I just couldn't reverse things hence why I had to open another one...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.