Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 25 March 2016

Spook-tacular Birthday!

Hello my crafting friends, good to have you come an visit me today, I hope this finds you all safe and well?

As most of you know I am a member of Sheena's Design Team and we all really loved her Day of the Dead designs, now we know these are not to everyone's taste but they were great fun to work with and make excellent Male cards. They are not to be taken seriously and I do apologize to anyone who may find them morbid. Skulls have been around for ages in several designs, possibly mainly with Rock Music fans or Bikers so I am sure these would suit those perfectly. I have a friend who recently turned 30 and she loves skulls and the like so I will post the card I made for her soon.



Now when I started this one I wanted the ghostly look in the arched church background but was not quite sure what to make the card for, I eventually decided on a Birthday card! Though looking at it if you knew a  couple who were getting married who loved skulls and skeletons you only had to add a skeleton Bride on the other side and it would make an original Wedding card lol! Or, of course, an Halloween card.

To start with I cut a piece of Sheena's Black Card to size then with Sheena's Day of the Dead Dancing Skeleton I stamped just the head three times randomly toward the top of the card using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, now this did not show up on the Black card but it did leave an outline for me to colour in. Putting some Antique Linen ink on my Glass mat I mixed it with a tiny bit of White Gesso and painted in the skulls, this made them look a bit chalky but not white! 

I placed this into Sheena's Embossing Folder Ancient Arches and ran it through my embossing machine, I then rubbed Gold Gilding Wax over the embossed areas to show up the arches. I found this made the skulls disappear in the background slightly giving the ghostly effect I wanted. I matted this onto some Gold Textured Miri card and then cut to size a bigger piece of Black card. 

I die cut and stamped the skeleton, coloured in his boot with Brown Aqua Markers then placed him behind the card as seen but on top of the larger Black card, this was then attached to my base card.

I made a sentiment by stamping onto Black card with Versamark Ink, this came from Sheena's Little Bit Magical Phanthom Ship, then heat embossed with Papermania Gold Embossing powder. using a Gold Ink Pen I wrote 'Birthday' underneath then matted it onto some more Gold Miri card. This was placed at the bottom of the card.

At the top of the Larger Black card I wrote 'Have a...' with the Gold Ink Pen. There you have the finished card which I am quite pleased with, quite a quirky card but different.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


4 comments:

  1. Morning jacquie, I must admit when I first saw these stamps and dies, I thought " no, not for me" , but the more that I see them, the more I'm warming to them and can see the comical side of them. Have a good b/h weekend. Janice xxx
    Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the cowboy boot on the skeleton! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie
    Just as I thought it was safe to visit hahaha!
    You have no need to apologise for what you create chuck. Mind you, have a word with Sheena to see if she can come up with a Brad Pitt collection next time lol!
    Enjoy your Easter hols.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Love the skeleton stuck in behind the one corner, isn't that a hoot! Great work with these products, I would have ran in the other direction! You are very creative my friend! Wishing you a Happy Easter! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.